Are we in the midst of a slo-mo democracy devolution happening in plain sight?
- Is the rise of tribalism, populism, nationalism and identity politics (fascism) destroying democracy worldwide?
- How do we live in a 50-50 world?
- If we don’t push back, can fascism rise unchecked?
So white nationalists, if you overthrow the federal government, what do you intend to replace it with?
- United States of Dystrumpia?
- All the states, or just a few of them?
- Are you ready for that?
- Will it be better than what we have?
- Better think this through.
Are we losing our resolve to make dictators accountable, fearing retribution in the marketplace?
You may assassinate an enemy, but it’s difficult to kill an idea.
- anti-fascism: ANTIFA
- anti-hate: Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
- civic saturdays: Citizen University
- democracy: Suicide of the West Goldberg
- dictators have weaknesses:
- From Dictatorship to Democracy Sharp
- I learned early in my life that the worst democracy is infinitely better than the best-performing tyranny. — Martin Gurri
- french resistance redux: Time for Outrage: Indignez-vous! Hessel
- race war: Wilmington’s Lie Zucchino
- taking it to the streets: Yellow Vests
- murder of Jamal Khashoggi: The Dissident
- what divides us: Enchanted America Oliver