Can (should) common sense gun control measures and the Second Amendment coexist?
Why should Americans have unlimited mass access to so many guns, assault weapons, and ammunition?
Can we make real progress to reduce crime, incarceration, and recidivism?
Has the the principle of innocent until proven guilty been irreparably eroded in the online and me-too eras?
- Philosophies and Systems of Law
- Public Law
- Authority and power of the state
- Relations among sovereign states
- Criminal law
- Doing Justice by Preet Bharara
- Laws promoting the public welfare
- Laws governing taxation
- Laws of judicial procedure
- Private Law
Crime, Corruption, Violence, Policing
- Lessons of history
- Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
- Corruption thrives within complexity and centralization of power.
- As income and wealth rise to the top, so does political power.
How to get help with a patent if you’re a first-time inventor
The first thing I would do is identify all the local startup business incubators and/or co-working facilities in your community, especially the ones that seem to be the best fit to your idea. Usually these places have an open-door policy that allows people to come in with new ideas that have the potential to develop into new products and businesses. They’ve got their finger on the pulse of all the local attorneys who provide patent services, and in some cases you can get a sit-down session with one of these attorneys at no cost. See how far you can get without having to spend any money.
Another thing you should do is attend entrepreneur networking events and do some social networking with the entrepreneurs and staff because they’ve been down this path before and they will know who to contact and how to proceed.
- accountability: Judicial Watch
- black lives matter: The Hate U Give Thomas
- corporate fraud: Bad Blood (Theranos) Carreyrou
- cut crime and incarceration: #cut50
- guns & gun violence: buy-back programs, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- inside the mind: Crime and Punishment Dostoyevsky
- insider trading: Black Edge Kolhatkar
- justice/injustice: When They See Us, Prisoner Rezaian
- mafia: The Godfather Puzo
- news & analysis: SCOTUSblog, Marshall Project
- power: New Power Heimans
- wrongful convictions: Innocence Project