We All Want The Same Thing
The simple act of walking the streets of Europe at dusk with the glow of lights inside the homes and apartments of families at the dinner table in animated conversation, showed me in the most memorable and powerful way that we all want the same thing: happy productive families in a secure home with a future before them.sp
After separating, how do you co-parent as a team?
How can the built environment help children cultivate self-reliance?
Are you frustrated with a screen-obsessed kid?
- At what age should a child be given a cell phone?
- Is it a good idea for kids to be asking for answers to important questions from digital assistants?
- Is this practice interfering with the learning process?
Are overprotective parents raising a generation that can’t grow up?
Can we get kids to listen without yelling in anger?
Love over a lifetime has many colors.
In the beginning, love is hot red and pink and black and white.
As we age, love turns to green and brown and blue
like a majestic tree with roots sunk deep,
reaching for the sky and stars.
Marriage Vows for a Lifetime
I love you.
Please forgive me.
I forgive you.
Old man take a look at my life I'm a lot like you
I need someone to love me the whole day through
Ah, one look in my eyes and you can tell that's true
- abuse, dysfunction, violence:
- accountability: The Vanishing American Adult Sasse
- built environment: The Design of Childhood by Alexandra Lange
- cell phones: Away for the Day (Screenagers)
- digital addiction:
- estrangement: Stand Alone
- losing a friend: Bridge to Terabithia Paterson
- mixed race: The Color of Water by James McBride
- parenting the fragile child: The Orchid and the Dandelion Boyce
- restore free-range/free-play kids: Let Grow
- saving for college: Saving For College
- TV: Honey, I Shot the TV!
- videos (sp)
- end of life:
- final days: Checklist for My Family Hurmefather
- Grandma & Grandpa Camp 2020 (sp)
- built environment: The Design of Childhood Lange
- compare movers: moveBuddha
- equity: Figure
- find a contractor: BuildZoom
- insurance: Lemonade
- landscaping: Magnolia Memories
- low-income: mobile
- modular: Katerra
- move freely: Offerpad
- portable: Coodo
- simplify: Tidying Up
- struggling to afford the American Dream: Squeezed Quart
- what’s next: Housing-as-a-Service
Personal Finance and Investing
- annuities: Blueprint Income (annuity calculator)
- free stock trading: Robinhood
- spending: Dollars and Sense Ariely