Texas, Don’t Fuck This Up!
Texas, your government and governor are leading you down a politically-expedient path for an elite few who survive on maximizing votes (not a path that supports the wishes of the Common Good),
Warping and whitewashing the teaching of history by
- modifying curriculums to emphasize the privileged white racist/supremacist’s view of past and current events, and
- banning and/or burning books on a hit list.
Poorly managing the control of COVID-19 for the Common Good by
- blocking scientifically-proven critical mask mandates, and
- blocking scientifically-proven vaccination mandates (without a valid exemption).
Denying a woman’s right to a legal abortion with medieval legislation that will
- create a dystopian surveillance state with a creepy evangelical army of citizen informants, and
- terrorize pregnant women by criminalizing what once was their legal right to an abortion.
- blocking common sense regulations that facilitate easy access to all methods of voting for all voters in all communities, and
- attacking local election officials innocent of any wrongdoing during the 2020 election.
Defacing a beautiful and wild southern border by
- erecting a wastefully expensive wall that does not serve the best interests of the Common Good, and
- demoralizing desperate refugees and immigrants that look to America for leadership and help.
Blocking common sense gun controls based on the belief that
- every citizen should be armed, and
- gun control is a violation of individual liberty and akin to fascism.
Is this really what the majority of Texans want for the Common Good?
Or is it what you’ve got because of a loud and wealthy and powerful minority?
How do we live in a 50-50 country?
What is the difference (perception gap) between
- what you think THEY think on the other side of the aisle, and
- what THEY really think on the other side of the aisle?
If we don’t reform the filibuster, will we be permanently reconciled to a Privileged White Male Evangelical Christian Minority Rule in America (the Senate)?
Can we do better, or at least improve upon, our two-party system? Can we solve the spoiler problem in our elections?
- National State
- Subsidiarity: Nothing should be done by a larger and more complex organization which can be done as well by a smaller and simpler organization.
- Political Action
- Political Power
- Human Rights
- “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.”
- Conservatism: The Conservative Soul by Andrew Sullivan
- Contemporary Issues and Problems
- Political systems
- Branches of government
- Executive Branch: Whitehouse
- Public administration
- pro-con: 2020 Presidential Election
- polling sites: NBA arenas
- Electoral College:
- Approval Voting (sp)
- election security: Hacking the 2020 Election
- voter suppression: All In by Tracey Abrams
- activism vs. politics: Obama’s Curious Cautiousness
- communism: The Communist Manifesto Marx
- issues: The Ultimate Guide to the 2020 Election Clancy
- news: Politico
- socialism: The Road to Serfdom Hayek
- watchdog: Citizens for Responsibility & Ethics in Washington (CREW)