Is there a healing power to art?
Your Brain on Art: How the Arts Transform Us by Susan Magsamen
Will Ai destroy art, or just change it?
- Is Ai really creating art, or simply copying what already exists?
- What are the ethical, economic, and artistic implications of art created by intelligent machines?
Can art defeat the arrogance and authority of dictatorship?
The role of an artist is to critique their country, and any interference, censorship or persecution of art(ists) is to be fought against.
If you love Picasso, but you hate his misogynistic behavior, what do you do?
- Do you have to accept the character of the artist to accept their art?
Monsters: A Fan’s Dilemma by Claire Dederer
Big Picture / Art
- Theory & Classification of Arts
- Experience & Criticism of Art
- Arts in Particular Cultures
- redemption: A Bright Ray of Darkness by Ethan Hawke
- walk.run.dance: Dance 10000
- Dancing Through Harlem
- Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography
Further reading and viewing:
- advocacy: American for the Arts
- animated van gogh: Loving Vincent
- art history texts: Getty Research Portal
- collaboration: Faces Places JR & Varda
- contemporary: culturehall
- curation: ArtStack
- education: Sotheby’s
- frame anything: Framebridge
- funding: d.rip
- marketplace for collectors:
- murals: Banksy
- museum-in-a-book: Getty Virtual Library, The Art Museum Phaidon
- news: Paris Review
- online access:
- avant-garde: ful/mine
- Art Institute of Chicago
- participatory: philinthecircle
- resilience & passion:
- restitution: Woman in Gold
- simplicity: Art Is
- wild visuals: Colossal
Lingering and contemplating is something we have to train ourselves to do.Kim Do