There will come a time when mathematical ignorance, like public smoking, will become socially unacceptable. – King
How much will the seas rise? Are citizens and scientists underestimating climate change’s potential existential threat? > MOSAIC
Would injecting sulphur in the atmosphere cool the planet (geoengineering)?
Are oil platforms a hidden global environmental disaster in slow motion? If the EPA is dismantled, who will protect our air and water?
Double-Whammy: Climate scientists are leaving the U.S., and the top climate scientists are not coming to the U.S.
A Simple Plan
- Pick a long long-term target date, 30-50 years out.
- Set the climate change goals.
- Chunk down those goals to annual increments.
- Complete an increment each year.
- Be serious about the plan and follow through.
- Gain increasing confidence in the plan over time.
If climate change does not become a long-term problem, we would have only spent a drop in the bucket.
We have nothing to lose (a tiny amount of short-term profits) and a lot to gain by saving the earth from dying.
- advocacy: Extinction Rebellion
- air pollution: New Delhi
- cold: polar vortex
- documentary: Before the Flood
- extractive capitalism:
- facts: Vital Signs
- glaciers: The End of Ice Jamail
- time machine: Climate Time Machine
- trump & pompeo: let it warm, melt the ice, drill, baby, drill
- united global initiatives: Paris Climate Agreement