How do we live in a world where disinformation is inevitable?
- political disinformation: The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President by McKay Coppins
Are a handful of internet companies facilitating the greatest propaganda machine in history?
Social media’s business model is not advertising, but it is changing behavior, and they gladly sell that massively powerful service to everyone including all the bad actors of the world:
- amoral corporations
- organized crime
- intelligence community
- terrorists, and
- any person or organization that wants to manipulate people to
- legitimize a lie
- win an election
- incite a mob, or
- make a buck.
- antitrust: Anti-Monopoly Fund
- hook the next generation: Messenger Kids
- personalized web: The Filter Bubble Pariser
- roadmap to the future: F8
- sharing culture: Order of Magnitude, The Circle Eggers
- the road ahead: Building Global Community Zuckerberg
- The Social Network Fincher