Do the Olympics reflect the power hierarchy of our world?
Can pushing kids to specialize in one sport too early and for too long lead to lifetime disabling injuries?
- Are Olympic athletes particularly vulnerable? The Weight of Gold
Is the purity of sports being poisoned by
- technology (AI, surveillance, wireless),
- the worst values/corruption in our increasingly uncivil society, and
- Are we selling our soul by legalizing sports betting and unleashing a pandemic of gambling addiction?
- Will we be turning every player into a roulette chip, and every smartphone into a slot machine?
- Can we trust winners to be real winners?
- If Tony Romo has a 68% success rate at predicting the next play, can artificial intelligence (AI) do better?
Does the blending of sports with the military weaken our democracy?
How do we handle the blurring lines between sex identity and sports?
Sport is the one place where the world truly unites.sp
- free solo: Alex Honnold
- greatness: In Search of Greatness
- gymnastics: triple-double in slo-mo Simone Biles
- motor sports
- mountain climbing: North Face
- surfing: man-made waves
- anti-depression: team play
- leadership: What Does Sport Teach Us About Leadership? — sp
- professional sports: Full Dissidence by Howard Bryant
- soccer (football): The Barcelona Legacy by Jonathan Wilson
- sportsmanship: Golden State Warriors
- mystery and science of streaks: The Hot Hand by Ben Cohen
- dreams of a kid: Dear Basketball by Kobe Bryant
- Canyon Dreams Powell
- Heaven Is a Playground Telander
- no pain, no gain
- bodyweight exercise: TRX
- cross-fit: An Interview with Cross-Fit Champion Tasia Percevecz — sp
- dance: zumba intensity: The One-Minute Workout Gibala
The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat.
- legends: Jessee Owens
- rise and fall of the Olympic athlete: The Weight of Gold
- summer olympics: 2016 Rio
- two-sport athletes: Bo Jackson
- winter olympics 2018: Pyeongchang, South Korea
Fun and Fellowship
- hiking with friends: Flattop Mountain — sp