How do you sign up for a COVID-19 vaccine in your state?
What were you doing on July 25, 2020?
Who do we save first with the vaccine?
- How will COVID inpatients be prioritized based on a survivability score?
- A novel severity score to predict inpatient mortality in COVID-19 patients
Will you take the vaccine?
- If “yes,” then why?
- If “no,” then why not?
- Or, will you go to the back of the line so others can go first?
What can science learn from the COVID-19 Pandemic? How will COVID-19 shape and advance our society?
What could go wrong with self-spreading vaccines?
Can it be made safe to go back to school?
Why was the U.S. not prepared for COVID-19?
Long term, how is the U.S. economy going to recover from this disaster?
- Are we caught in a looming moral disaster trying to balance the number of lives lost against damage to the economy?
- Long-term, will the cure be worse than the virus?
- Will Illinois and/or other states have to ultimately launch a real (or simulated) bankruptcy?
- The Four Rules of Pandemic Economics by Derek Thompson
- A Debt Jubilee is the Only Way to Avoid a Depression by Michael Hudson
COVID-19, you've caused a fright.
I'm not feeling just right.
First come the sniffles.
Then I got the chills.
Followed by fever.
Head for the hills!
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
- art imitates life: The End of October by Lawrence Wright
- conspiracy theories:
- crowd sourcing anti-viral: FoldIt
- data: COVID Tracking Project
- economic recovery redux:
- quietly helping others: Suspended Shopping
- flatten the curve:
- HEALTH & WELLNESS
- herd immunity: Great Barrington Declaration (Focused Protection)
- infection control best practices: Infection Control Today
- kids: daily schedule
- lives vs livelihoods:
- lockdown poems:
- masks: 3D
- math+human behavior: Panic never helps.
- photo gallery: COVID19
- safety & health:
- a Black Swan world: Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- sci-fi: The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz
- truth and transparency: False Advertising