Silent But Deadly
Are the most selfishly dangerous people in the world today, asymptomatic anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers?
How should followers of Jesus think about the COVID-19 Vaccine?
Is vaccinating animals safe? Is it necessary?
Does wearing a mask and getting vaccinated require and deserve our solidarity as the most important thing a citizen can do for the Common Good?
In order to fulfill our duty to keep our children safe and healthy across the nation, what is the scientific and moral way to protect them from the Delta variant of the Covid virus?
Which ages and genders have been most affected by the coronavirus, and how can we use this data to make society safer for the greatest number of people?
Are we now experiencing a pandemic of the unvaccinated?
- Based on what we now know, and the entrenched remainder of the unvaccinated, is “herd immunity” realistically achievable?
Was COVID-19 a zoonotic disease (animal to human), or was it developed in a Wuhan lab?
What can science learn from the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- How will COVID-19 shape and advance our society?
- Is our world ready for the next epidemic?
- advocacy and action: Resolve to Save Lives
What could go wrong with self-spreading vaccines?
Will we ever trust crowds again?
Why was the U.S. not prepared for COVID-19?
Long term, how is the U.S. economy going to recover from this disaster?
- Are we caught in a looming moral disaster trying to balance the number of lives lost against damage to the economy?
- Long-term, will the cure be worse than the virus?
- Will Illinois and/or other states have to ultimately launch a real (or simulated) bankruptcy?
- The Four Rules of Pandemic Economics by Derek Thompson
- A Debt Jubilee is the Only Way to Avoid a Depression by Michael Hudson
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
- art imitates life: The End of October by Lawrence Wright
- conspiracy theories:
- crowd sourcing anti-viral: FoldIt
- data: COVID Tracking Project
- economic recovery redux:
- quietly helping others: Suspended Shopping
- flatten the curve:
- HEALTH & WELLNESS
- herd immunity: Great Barrington Declaration (Focused Protection)
- infection control best practices: Infection Control Today
- kids: daily schedule
- lives vs livelihoods:
- lockdown poems:
- masks: 3D
- math + human behavior: Panic never helps.
- Pandemic by Sonia Shah
- photo gallery: COVID19
- rationing care and prioritization: Social Vulnerability Index
- safety & health:
- sci-fi: The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz
- Transmission suspicion (sp)
- truth and transparency: False Advertising