Is Fascism sneaking up on us one tweet at a time?
So white nationalists, if you overthrow the federal government, what do you put in its place?
If President Trump becomes incapable of handing his duties as President and Commander in Chief, who’s in charge?
Are the Proud Boys Trump’s Brownshirts?
- Will the November Election be decided in the streets?
Are the Joint Chiefs of Staff going to stand up and insure to the American people that there will be a peaceful transition of power to the rightly-elected 2020 presidential candidate?
Are the thieves of the world uniting? Why would they?
Is the threat of extremism rising in the United States, and is the White House listening?
Can you believe what you read, see, and hear?
Do you have to approve of the character of a leader, artist, and athlete, to support and accept the product of their talent?
Why have Republican leaders abandoned their principles in support of an immoral and dangerous president?
Why would you support a religious community that constantly tries to deride and diminish your humanity?
- If you had to choose, would you rather live in a world without technology, or a world without religion?
Are science fiction’s themes of a Dystopian Society disturbingly visible in today’s world?
- How do we insure that our political system elects a president that serves the majority of American citizens, and not just half?
- How do we live in a world where disinformation is inevitable?
- Are a handful of internet companies facilitating the greatest propaganda machine in history?
What does sport teach us about leadership?
What is a hero?
Is the purity of sports being poisoned by
- technology (AI, surveillance, wireless)
- the values/corruption in our increasingly uncivil society, and
- gambling and corruption?
Can we transform our “I” society back to a “We” society united by a more civil, egalitarian, and generous spirit?
Does busing work as a school desegregation strategy?
Has the pandemic delayed if not killed the American Dream?
For over 400 years, why have white Christians and the Church not stood up against genocide of indigenous peoples, slavery, and racism?
- Is it time for racist white-privileged christian supremacy to come to an end?
- For our genocide of native american indians; enslavement of Africans; racism and prejudice against people of color and immigrants; and misogynistic treatment of women, how do we make it right once and for all and reboot America in the process?
- Are reparations past due?
How do we battle racism without harming or killing peaceful and innocent protesters, and, well-meaning police trying to keep the peace?
Should CEOs (the 1%) earn more than 1,000 times the median salary of their employees?
What happens when you give basic income to the poor?
Is racism predominantly instinctive (nature) or learned (nuture)?
Does the Canadian healthcare model give us a feasible and sustainable road map to medicare for all?
Is rural resentment of liberal elites dividing America against itself?
Should the mega-wealthy commit to reducing the destructive effects of economic inequality?
How do we insure that our political system elects a president that serves the majority of American citizens, and not just half?
Has Donald Trump replaced Joe McCarthy as the most dangerous demagogue in American history?
I have a question for Attorney General William Barr: Are you, your family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and American citizens in general, part of “the mob“? If not, who decides who is in the mob and on what basis? You and you alone? Could we chat about this over a cup of coffee?
Is white collar crime is far more dangerous than violent street crime?
Is defunding police a cost-effective, feasible alternative to reforming within the existing policing system and culture?
How do we balance “self-defense vs. nonviolence, black power vs. civil rights” to achieve justice and equality for all Americans in a peaceful and secure way?
Is there a pattern of un-justice at the Justice Department these days, where criminal judgments always tilt in favor of political allies?
In an ai world, where will all the workers go?
What are the long-term social implications of Artificial Intelligence?
Will we ever trust crowds again?
What could go wrong with self-spreading vaccines?
Has Trump’s misleading lies about the coronavirus resulted in reckless homicide?
Who will get the vaccine and in what order?
Is American Exceptionalism working against us in these times?
- Does wearing a mask require and deserve our solidarity?
What will be the long-term socio-economic impacts from the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic?
When can America go back to work and school?
- How is the U.S. economy going to recover from this disaster?
- Are we caught in a looming moral disaster trying to balance the number of lives lost against damage to the economy?
- Should this be decided unilaterally by one man?
Are we ready for medical rationing and its unintended consequences?
- Will doctors be replaced by algorithms that will automatically assign an economic value to human life and make medical decisions accordingly?
After decades of decreased funding and demonization of the federal bureaucracy, has the coronavirus crisis exposed the tragic ineffectiveness of federal leadership at a most critical moment when we need it?
- Did Donald Trump demonstrate willful ignorance of the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- Does authoritarianism actually help in a crisis, or is the more important requirement how much the people trust their leaders?
If an alien was sent to explore earth, what religion would the alien choose?
How many nuclear warheads exist in the world?
What everyday horrors of our world will our descendants look back on with disgust?
As the decades pass by and our memories fade, if we cannot remember the past are we condemned to repeat it?
Does the U.S. need such a large and expensive military?
How do we have a civil and productive discussion with the anti-science community that brings us closer together?
What is the lowest level machine code for how our universe works? (Wolfram)
Is renewable energy essentially a shill for the fossil fuel, mining, and heavy industries?
Is protecting humanity’s future from existential risks the central challenge of our time? If so, what good do warships, warplanes, 14,000+ nuclear bombs, space force, infantry, commando teams, tanks, and aircraft carriers accomplish against
- lethal pandemics
- rising tides
- burning forests
- poverty and income inequality, and
- animal, insect and plant extinction?
How are we destroying the planet? How will we save it?
What are the biggest long-term risks to the global economy?
- Is COVID-19 sending us an emergency signal about humans expanding destructive impact on the biosphere and ourselves?
When it comes to Virtual Reality’s impact on kids, how long is too long? How young is too young?
Are kids now officially citizens of a dual world, real and virtual?
Has this forced online family distance-learning experience during the self-quarantining COVID-19 crisis confirmed the importance of brick-and-mortar schools for kids?
But at the same time has the social, emotional, and intellectual value of online games been confirmed during this period of virus isolation?