The road to singularity will be an acceleration of one weird thing after another.sp
- Even better? Or worse?
- Are people treating Alexa like a servant; or even worse, a slave?
Are you ready to give up driving your own car?
What are the long-term social implications of AI?
- cognitive offloading: The Disruption of Being Lost
- loss of jobs
Where will all the workers go?
I think of robotics as the application of artificial intelligence (software) to the creation of a physical robot that solves a problem and/or completes a task(s) in the most efficient way possible. But for the survivability of our species as we rush to create robots of every conceivable kind and flood the zone with venture capital, we had better put as much thought and investment into what robots can’t and will never do so we can figure out the new jobs of the future for the millions of workers displaced by ai/robotics.
Top Ten Things Robots Cannot Do (well)
10. blend in with a crowd
9. pole dance
8. give you the look
7. stand-up comedy
6. bedside manner
5. get in touch with its feelings
4. spontaneous pick-up lines
1. do lunch
Is it feasible to develop a robot tax to fund the social costs of dealing with AI-driven unemployment?
We are not scanning all those books to be read by people. We are scanning them to be read by artificial intelligence.Google Engineer
- Ethics: ieee.org: Ethically Aligned Design
- Startups: CB Insights: AI 100
- Unintended Consequences: Artificial Intelligence Incident Database (AIID)
- Avatars: remote and interactive telepresence: Avatar Competition
- Cars: Driven Alex Davies
- Robots: agriculture: TerraSentia