Alice in Q-Land
A lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.Joseph Goebbels
You can at least understand what the Proud Boys and Klansmen think — they only like white people who love guns and violence and chewing tobacco, who also hate other non-white people.
But Q is an irrational conspiracy weirdness. These people need to turn off all of their digital devices, stay away from the internet, get off their ass, and go for a long walk through the woods…. for a week! Followed by a cold bucket of water poured on their heads.
Repeat this process as many times as required to wake up and get out of the conspiracy rabbit hole.
In an untruthful, deep-fake world, you have to trust your own
If you want to find and verify the truth,
- where do you look,
- who do you ask, and
- what does the truth look like compared to disinformation?
How do we fight THE BIG LIE propagated by Donald Trump?
- How do we arrive at a shared sense of reality in the first place?
- Why do people latch on to conspiracy theories?
Is “Truth” now whatever is first in a google search results listing?
- catholic COVID conspiracy theories: German bishops reject COVID-19 ‘conspiracy theories’ by prominent clergy
- Mass Delusion in America by Jeffrey Goldberg
- Suspicious Minds by Rob Brotherton
- A Lot of People Are Saying by Nancy L. Rosenblum
- fact checking: Twitter fact checks President Trump
- propaganda: Manipulating the Masses by John M. Hamilton
- russian disinformation on twitter: Hamilton 2.0 Dashboard
- data doesn’t lie: Factfulness by Hans Rosling
- democracy: Common Sense by Thomas Paine
- fighting hate:
- happiness: The Happiness Hypothesis Jonathan Haidt
- intelligence: Facts and Fears by James R. Clapper
- journalism: Truth Worth Telling by Scott Pelley
- trends: The Death of Truth by Michiko Kakutani
- trust: Trust is the glue that holds us together (sp)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.Voltaire