Racial, Ethnic & Gender Prejudice, Discrimination and Persecution
Misinformed Ignorance breeds fear, then hate, then violence.
Behold, America: The Entangled History of “America First” and “the American Dream” by Sarah Churchwell
The Light We Give: How Sikh Wisdom Can Transform Your Life by Simran Jeet Singh
A Fever in the Heartland: The Ku Klux Klan’s Plot to Take Over America, and the Woman Who Stopped Them by Timothy Egan
Is there a slave owner(s) or a slave(s) in your family tree?
- Is the foundation of our racism deeper than we realize?
- Does racism still exist in your small town?
Life of a Klansman by Edward Ball
Inheritance: An Autobiography of Whiteness by Baynard Woods
Does White Nation think it can get away with 400+ years of oppression?
Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do by Jennifer L. Eberhardt
Why are hate crimes increasing in U.S. cities?
- Has the bigoted rhetoric and policies of the Trump administration intensified bullying, discrimination, and even violence toward minority communities?
- Can a White Nationalist (Trump) be our moral leader?
What Would Jesus DO?
Is it not the grand irony of our times that the very people who insist that Jesus and the Bible must be the ruling principles of our culture and nation in all affairs, are also accomplices to the spreading of hate and violence and racism by their affiliation and support of Donald Trump?
They forgot to ask themselves, What Would Jesus Do?
Shame on them for their cowardice and hypocrisy in the face of the worst bully and liar we’ve ever experienced in the Whitehouse. No matter what evangelicals say, Trump is not the CHOSEN ONE!
Is racism predominantly instinctive (nature) or learned (nurture)?
Letters to My White Male Friends by Dax-Devlon Ross
Is the United States a racist country, or is it a democracy with racism embedded within and throughout its borders?
What has been and continues to be the cost of racism and prejudice for our country and ourselves?
Everything and all of us suffer from racism.
The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee
How do we battle racism without harming or killing peaceful and innocent protesters, and, well-meaning police trying to keep the peace?
Is defunding police a cost-effective, feasible alternative to reforming within the existing policing system and culture? If not, then how do we effect positive change on both sides of the citizen-police contract?
The Laura Ingraham BLACK ATHLETE Manifesto SHUT UP, and step out of the car, put your hands behind you, get out of my gated community, get in line, go do the (essential) work, stand at attention, salute, march, go to war,
don'tforget to vote stay in your lane, get off your knee and stand up, and dribble, otherwise, LEAVE! sp
Big Picture / Human Society / Social Organization & Change / Racism
The slap heard round the world. (In the Heat of the Night, 1967)
- america’s best-loved novel: To Kill a Mockingbird Lee
- anti- racism/semitism/fascism:
- whiteness: Letters to My White Male Friends by Dax-Devlon Ross
- resist racism every day with love: This Is the Fire by Don Lemon
- Protect the Culture
- Stamped Kendi
- Torch Network
- anti-semitism: (((Semitism))) Weisman
- apartheid: Born a Crime Noah
- black power: Judas and The Black Messiah (Fred Hampton, Illinois Black Panther Party)
- Christian nationalism and isolationism:
- consequences: The Sum of Us by Heather McGhee
- dignity of all races: Cry, the Beloved Country Paton
- eugenics: Trump’s race horse theory
- freedom: The Underground Railroad Whitehead
- jim crow laws:
- reconstruction: The Second Founding by Eric Foner
- mobility is essential to freedom: Driving While Black by Sorin
- Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia
- The Negro Motorist Green-Book Green
- history: Critical Race Theory (EDUCATION)
- native americans:
- Rising Voices by Arlene Hirschfelder
- indigenous resistance: Our History Is the Future by Nick Estes
- nature vs nurture: A Class Divided, Then and Now by William Peters
- police militarization
- prejudice and persecution:
- LBGTQ: Welcome to Chechnya
- cities: Do the Right Thing
- Man on Fire
- Biased Eberhardt
- Reparations Comeuppance (sp)
- Reparations are Past Due by Jeremiah Chapman
- TV: United Shades of America
- white power and the Ku Klux Klan (KKK):
- Hatemonger by Jean Guerrero Bring the War Home Belew
- Documenting Hate: Charlottesville
- The Turner Diaries MacDonald
- Rising Out of Hatred Saslow
- Life of a Klansman by Edward Ball
- Black Klansman Stallworth
Eventually, We Will All Be Melting Pots of Each Other