Where dreams crash against reality.Akash Kapur
Dystopia is Utopia Gone Wrong
Utopia morphs into Dystopia and the inevitable unintended loss of self-determination and freedom when you ask for and get the Government or a Cult Leader to take care of your
- job (income)
- health care
- retirement, and
Unfortunately, while our dystopian visions are alarming, the children of the future won’t know the difference.
Do Utopian Dreams ultimately crash against an ugly Dystopian Reality? What does utopia look like to you? What does dystopia look like to you?
Does a Military-Industrial-Religious complex ultimately devolve into a dystopian state (fascism)?
Do we fully realize how much we are manipulated?
Is predictive policing nudging us towards a dystopian state?
Are immunity passports a bad idea?
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away
- apocalypse: American War by Omar El Akkad
- arcosanti: Desert Workshops Teach Construction Skills (sp)
- classic: Utopia More
- cooperative thinking: This Could Be Our Future Strickler
- facial recognition (be careful what you wish for): Clearview AI
- hope punk: A Conspiracy of Truths Rowland
- individuality: Fahrenheit 451 Bradbury
- manipulation: The Hacking of the American Mind Lustig
- never-ending search for better:
- Auroville: Better to Have Gone by Akash Kapur
- practical: Utopia for Realists
- pre-dystopian writers: The Last Utopians Robertson
- pentagon: The Pentagon’s Brain by Annie Jacobsen
- rise & fall: Lost Horizon Hilton
- sexual servitude: The Handmaid’s Tale
- surveillance state:
- urban and social decay: Blade Runner Dick
- white power: