Utopia / Dystopia
Do we fully realize how much we are manipulated?
Your Undivided Attention by Tristan Harris
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
How many solutions to society’s conflicts might we be overlooking because we think the way that we have always thought?
American Utopia by David Byrne
Do Utopian Dreams ultimately devolve into an ugly Dystopian Reality?
- What does utopia look like to you?
- What does dystopia look like to you?
Better to Have Gone: Love, Death, and the Quest for Utopia in Auroville
by Akash Kapur
Does a Military-Industrial-Religious complex ultimately devolve into a dystopian state (fascism)?
- Is predictive-surveillance policing also nudging us towards a dystopian state?
Big Picture / Human Society / Politics & Government / Utopia – Dystopia
- apocalypse: American War by Omar El Akkad
- arcosanti: Desert Workshops Teach Construction Skills (sp)
- classic: Utopia More
- Then the Fish Swallowed Him by Amir Ahmadi Arian
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- cooperative thinking: This Could Be Our Future Strickler
- facial recognition (be careful what you wish for): Clearview AI
- hope punk: A Conspiracy of Truths Rowland
- individuality: Fahrenheit 451 Bradbury
- manipulation: The Hacking of the American Mind Lustig
- never-ending search for better:
- Auroville: Better to Have Gone by Akash Kapur
- practical: Utopia for Realists
- pre-dystopian writers: The Last Utopians Robertson
- pentagon: The Pentagon’s Brain by Annie Jacobsen
- rise & fall: Lost Horizon Hilton
- sexual servitude: The Handmaid’s Tale
- surveillance state:
- research: Center for Democracy and Technology
- immunity passports
- facial recognition
- 1984 Orwell
- Brave New World Huxley
- disinformation: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- urban and social decay: Blade Runner Dick
- white power:
- Adjustment Day by Chuck Palahniuk
- The Camp of the Saints Raspail