Should the constitutional separation between religion and government remain as a foundation stone of our democracy?
Evangelicals, how long do you apologize for Trump’s lies and vulgarity?
If you’re going to believe in a god (or, the “Chosen One”), then believe in your god, not a despicable character.
Is the importance of religion shrinking in our society? Why?
Why do we believe?
- Do we need spirituality and faith to solve and deal with life’s problems and challenges?
Is religion also responsible for many of the problems of the world?
- the Book of Revelation and the destructive social and political consequences of expecting an imminent apocalypse
- Faith Deconstruction
- Faith Is a Double-Edged Sword (sp)
Why would you support a religious community that constantly tries to deride and diminish your humanity?
Republican-led statehouses across the country are proposing and passing staggering numbers of bills that serve a fringe, white evangelical agenda that abrogates the rights and freedoms of the rest of us, the majority of U.S. citizens.
Did the Vatican’s Doctrine of Discovery justify colonialism, and thereby provide a holy mandate to discover (invade) and capitalize on (seize, control, convert, extract, oppress) the assets of new lands and new peoples?
- Does the old adage “To the victor go the spoils,” have any merit in our modern world order?
- Is Putin operating under that principle?
- Can the free, democratic world let him (Russia) get away with that?
- she, or
- a spirit?
Is abortion a band-aid medical fix to a much larger social problem? Or, is it how some women survive and deal with the most complex, risky, expensive, and life-changing dilemma they will ever face in their lives? Or, is it both?
Why should the Catholic Church deserve any moral authority when it comes to abortion, when their policy of accident-waiting-to-happen celibacy has attracted generations of pedophiles that they have covered up and never provided any true and permanent transparency and accountability?
When it comes to priest pedophilia, should the buck stop with the Pope?
- When will true accountability come to Catholicism?
- When will Catholics rise up and stop acquiescing to their church?
- What does true accountability look like?
If an alien was sent to live on earth and report back, what religion would the alien choose to follow, if any?
For over 400 years, have white Christian churches tried to bury the first and most egregious original sin in this country, which is slavery and racism, as if it never happened, as if the privileged supremist white man need not apologize and make amends?
What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July? God speed the hour, the glorious hour, When none on earth Shall exercise a lordly power, Nor in a tyrant’s presence cower; But all to manhood’s stature tower, By equal birth! That hour will come, to each, to all, And from his prison-house, the thrall Go forth. Frederick Douglass, 1852
The Bible vs. Science: How does this end? Does it ever end?
- Faith is a Double-Edged Sword (sp)
- Should Genesis be considered history?
- What is the consequence of teaching children biblical creationism while denying biological evolution?
Big Picture / Religion
For me, the different religions are beautiful flowers from the same garden, or they are branches of the same majestic tree.Ghandi
Religion in General
- Knowledge & Understanding
- faith during tragedy: Why Religion? by Elaine Pagels
- Institutions & Practices
- Prehistoric & Primitive Religions
- Religions of Ancient Peoples
- Religions of East Asia
- Hasidic Judaism
- holiday season: Brush Stroke’s Song (sp)
- Modern Religions
- buddhism: Siddhartha Gautama
- China: Church of Almighty God
- come together: Parliament of the World’s Religions
- cults: Leaving Isn’t the Hardest Thing by Lauren Hough
- east asia: Tao, the flow of the universe
- hasidic judaism: Unorthodox
- LGBTQ+: I Can’t Date Jesus by Michael Arceneaux
- noetic sciences: The Untethered Soul Singer
- scientology: Troublemaker Remini
- sexual abuse: Procession
- sorcery: The Teachings of Don Juan Castaneda
Out of the Embers: Faith After the Great Deconstruction by Bradley Jersak
How Religion Evolved: And Why It Endures by Robin Dunbar
Spotlight: Break the story, break the silence.
Why Religion?: A Personal Story by Elaine Pagels