Peaceful movements like Black Lives Matter (BLM) get labeled as violent movements when the peaceful majority lose control of their protest to a violent few; and more often than not, we never have positive attribution of who broke the window or who started the fire:
- Was it a BML participant?
- Was it a white nationalist?
- Was it a teenage vandal?
- Was it an embedded agent provocateur sponsored by one of our foreign sovereign adversaries?
Millions of people support peaceful protesting to try and get the attention of our leaders (and the police) when abuse keeps happening and innocent people are sometimes killed, over and over and over, and nothing changes. When large groups of people assemble, there are always a few violent agent provocateurs that use this opportunity to embed themselves covertly with the intent to incite chaos.
It doesn’t take a movement of thousands of people to throw a rock through a window….. only one provocateur.
It doesn’t take a movement of thousands of people to set fire to a police car….. only one provocateur.
The overwhelming majority of social movement participants are peaceful, go to work each day, take care of their families, and do the right thing. But, they are shouting at the top of their lungs to get the country to listen to them and at least engage in discussion and action for peaceful and rightful change.
I know. I’m one of them.
This peaceful community of people doesn’t want to burn and loot stores in their own neighborhoods. That makes no sense. I know I don’t.
This peaceful community doesn’t want to burn police cars and stations in their own neighborhoods. That makes no sense. I know I don’t.
But the agent provocateur doesn’t give a shit. He doesn’t live in our neighborhoods and could care less when he breaks a window, lights a fire, loots a store, or fires a shot. His mission is chaos meant to smear and divide.
He’s not one of us.
So just know this, ignore Trump, and get some perspective.
Can we make real progress to reduce crime, incarceration, and recidivism?
Can (should) common sense gun control measures and the Second Amendment coexist?
Why should Americans have unlimited mass access to so many guns, assault weapons, and ammunition?
Has the the principle of innocent until proven guilty been irreparably eroded in the online and me-too eras?
- Philosophies and Systems of Law
- Public Law
- Authority and power of the state
- Relations among sovereign states
- Criminal law
- Doing Justice by Preet Bharara
- Laws promoting the public welfare
- Laws governing taxation
- Laws of judicial procedure
- Private Law
How do you get help with a patent if you’re a first-time inventor?
The first thing I would do is identify all the local startup business incubators and/or co-working facilities in your community, especially the ones that seem to be the best fit to your idea. Usually these places have an open-door policy that allows people to come in with new ideas that have the potential to develop into new products and businesses. They’ve got their finger on the pulse of all the local attorneys who provide patent services, and in some cases you can get a sit-down session with one of these attorneys at no cost. See how far you can get without having to spend any money. Another thing you should do is attend entrepreneur networking events and do some social networking with the entrepreneurs and staff because they’ve been down this path before and they will know who to contact and how to proceed.sp
Crime, Corruption, Violence, Policing
- Lessons of history
- Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
- Corruption thrives within complexity and centralization of power.
- As income and wealth rise to the top, so does political power.
- accountability: Judicial Watch
- black lives matter:
- corporate fraud: Bad Blood (Theranos) Carreyrou
- cut crime and incarceration: #cut50
- guns & gun violence:
- inside the mind: Crime and Punishment Dostoyevsky
- insider trading: Black Edge Kolhatkar
- juvenile incarceration: Burning Down the House by Nell Bernstein
- mafia: The Godfather Puzo
- news & analysis:
- power: New Power Heimans
- wrongful convictions: Innocence Project
Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.Ruth Bader Ginsburg