Permanence is the illusion of every age.
How do you bring people over to your side?
How will we handle AI and the pace of change?
- We’ve always wrestled with the unintended consequences of technology, but now more than ever the pace of change is accelerating beyond our ability to understand it and control it. The fact about Artificial Intelligence (AI) is that every advancement has an adverse consequence, which is it replaces something we used to do and in so doing pulls us deeper and deeper into a permanent dependency on computers and machines which sets our humanness on a slo-mo devolutionary path. (sp)
- confederacy: In the Shadow of Statues Landrieu
- empathy: The Empathy Effect Riess
- extremes: The Overton Window
- films: Participant Media
- impact: Effective Altruism
- looking back: In My Lifetime (sp)
- He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that.
- If you can’t make your opponent’s point for them, you don’t truly grasp the issue.
- persuasion & the nudge:
- recidivism: 3Rs Project
- speak out: Long Time Gone Crosby Stills Nash
- urgency: burning platform
- volunteerism: Points of Light