The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat.
Is the purity of sports being poisoned by
- technology (AI, surveillance, wireless),
- the worst values/corruption in our increasingly uncivil society, and
- Are we selling our soul by legalizing sports betting and unleashing a pandemic of gambling addiction?
- Will we be turning every player into a roulette chip, and every smartphone into a slot machine?
- Can we trust winners to be real winners?
- If Tony Romo has a 68% success rate at predicting the next play, can artificial intelligence (AI) do better?
Does the blending of sports with the military weaken our democracy?
Can pushing kids to specialize in one sport too early lead to lifetime disabling injuries?
How do we handle the blurring lines between sex identity and sports?
- free solo: Alex Honnold
- greatness: In Search of Greatness
- motor sports
- mountain climbing: North Face
- surfing: man-made waves
- anti-depression: team play
- professional sports: Full Dissidence by Howard Bryant
- soccer (football): The Barcelona Legacy by Jonathan Wilson
- sportsmanship: Golden State Warriors
- mystery and science of streaks: The Hot Hand by Ben Cohen
- dreams of a kid: Dear Basketball by Kobe Bryant
- Canyon Dreams Powell
- Heaven Is a Playground Telander
- no pain, no gain
- bodyweight exercise: TRX
- cross-fit: An Interview with Cross-Fit Champion Tasia Percevecz (sp)
- dance: zumba intensity: The One-Minute Workout Gibala
- legends: Jessee Owens
- summer olympics: 2016 Rio
- two-sport athletes: Bo Jackson
- winter olympics 2018: Pyeongchang, South Korea
Fun and Fellowship