Provide the maximum amount of health to the maximum number of people as quickly as we can, through a public-private partnership providing people the option to select…
- an existing or new private health care plan
- an Affordable Care Act (ACA) plan, or
- nothing, and
- reasonable-cost prescription drugs.
Are screens coming between doctors and patients?
Will doctors be replaced by algorithms?
- How will the algorithms economically value a human life?
- Value of Statistical Life Year (VSLY): How Economists Calculate The Costs And Benefits Of COVID-19 by Chris Conover
If Medicare for All will provide as good or better healthcare as compared to private plans – including no premiums, no deductible, no co-pays – would this option be acceptable to you? If not, why?
- Should we turn over all of American medicine (Universal Health Care; Medicare for All ) to those who have proved themselves incompetent to run large parts of it?
Should Social Security and/or Medicare be privatized?
What can employers do to help address the high cost of healthcare in the U.S.?
Stages in the human life cycle
- Death and Dying
- Why is life expectancy decreasing in America?
- Should euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide be legal?
- Why is there an increase in suicides (deaths of despair) and how should we respond?
Definitions of normality in human health
Maintenance of human health during stress
- Is poor work-life balance the biggest cause of stress in society?
Nutrition & Diet
- How do we stem the tide of obesity?
- Is it a reasonable and feasible goal for our supermarkets and restaurants to become zero waste?
- autism: say hello to Milo: Robots4Autism
- ebola: Inferno Hatch, Time Person of the Year
- economics of health: The American Health Economy by Chris Conover
- family: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Haddon
- hippocratic oath: First, do no harm
- insurance: Oscar (google big data)
- precision medicine: The Future of Medicine
- team science: Undiagnosed Diseases Network
- transplant ethics: Transplant Ethics
- true belonging: Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown
- vaccination: pro-con