If Medicare for All will provide as good or better healthcare as compared to private plans – including no premiums, no deductible, no co-pays – would this option be acceptable to you? If not, why?
Provide the maximum amount of health to the maximum number of people as quickly as we can, through a public-private partnership providing people the option to select one or a hybrid blend of
– an existing or new private health care plan
– an Affordable Care Act (ACA) plan
– a Medicare for All plan,
– reasonable-cost prescription drugs, or
- Does the Canadian healthcare model give us a feasible and sustainable road map to medicare for all?
- Even so, should we turn over all of American medicine (Universal Health Care; Medicare for All ) to a federal bureaucracy that has proved inefficient and at times incompetent to run large parts of it?
Are screens coming between doctors and patients?
Will doctors be replaced by algorithms?
- How will the algorithms economically value a human life?
- Value of Statistical Life Year (VSLY): How Economists Calculate The Costs And Benefits Of COVID-19 by Chris Conover
Should Social Security and/or Medicare be privatized?
What can employers do to help address the high cost of healthcare in the U.S.?
Definitions of normality in human health
Maintenance of human health during stress
- Is poor work-life balance the biggest cause of stress in society?
Nutrition & Diet
- How do we stem the tide of obesity?
- Is it a reasonable and feasible goal for our supermarkets and restaurants to become zero waste?
- keep moving: The Joy of Movement by Kelly Mcgonigal
- on “natural” exercise: Exercised by Daniel Lieberman
- ebola: Inferno Hatch, Time Person of the Year
- economics of health: The American Health Economy by Chris Conover
- family: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Haddon
- hippocratic oath: First, do no harm
- insurance: Oscar (google big data)
- medicare for all 101: Medicare for All by Abdul El-Sayed
- precision medicine: The Future of Medicine
- resilience: Troop Zero
- team science: Undiagnosed Diseases Network
- transplant ethics: Transplant Ethics
- true belonging: Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown
- vaccination: pro-con